The Southern Lights Tour
Visit both the northern and southern ends of world famous Whitehaven Beach and spend at least two hours relaxing on the white silica sand or exploring the 7km stretch of beach. Ocean Rafting is the only tour to have direct access to stunning Hill Inlet beach.
Walk to the Southern Whitehaven lookout with breathtaking views of Pentecost Island and the tropical waters of the Whitsundays, and join the guided walk to the stunning Hill Inlet lookout. Snorkel for over an hour at Border Island, Dumbell Island or one of our “secret” snorkel spots and enjoy the amazing hard and soft corals of the fringing reefs. You can see why we call it 3 days in one!
The main difference between the two tours is that the Southern Lights has more beach time and the Northern Exposure offers more snorkelling time. We offer a Double Deal for both cruises so you can experience more adventure for less!
- Visit to Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet
- Guided National Park walk
- Inner fringing coral reef snorkelling
- Personalised snorkel instruction
- Use of snorkel equipment and flotation devices
- Reef and island naturalist talks
- Courtesy bus pick up
- Tea, coffee and cake
- Please note lunch, other beverages, photos and sun/stinger suits are optional extras – please see Bookings, Rates and Charters page for details.
What To Bring?
- A beach bag including a towel, hat and sand shoes.
- A sweater or jacket in the winter months to protect you from the wind and keep you warm after snorkelling.
- Cameras ideally in a waterproof case or Tupperware.
- Cash for water, soft drinks, beer, fruit juices and chocolates for sale on board.
- If you have chosen not to have our buffet style lunch, please ensure that you bring your own as we do not visit any resorts during the day.
- A sense of humour is always welcome!
Tours depart Coral Sea Resort jetty in Airlie Beach daily at 10.00am and return at 4.30pm.
Conditions Guide Table
Want the Ultimate Adventure?
Why not book the Ultimate Experience Package which includes your choice of Ocean Rafting day tour (Northern Exposure or Southern Lights), buffet lunch, sun suit and Memories Media Pack. The Memories Media Pack captures the memories of your Whitsunday adventure with a high res video and photo package showcasing your Ocean Rafting experience. A minimum of 30 high res quality digital photographs and a fully edited video allows you to share your amazing experience with your family and friends. All photos and videos are provided on an Ocean Rafting USB and also contain bonus promo Ocean Rafting footage and photos. Videos are fully edited with a music soundtrack and recorded in a general area format which will play all over the world. The package includes all images and video of your day tour on an Ocean Rafting USB and a pack of two Ocean Rafting postcards. Click here to book.
Heading north? Experience Ocean Safari Tropical North Queensland Adventure Tours
Planning a trip further north to Tropical North Queensland's Cape Tribulation? We also offer exhilarating trips from The Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation with our sister company Ocean Safari. Our eco tours will take you to two snorkelling locations on the Great Barrier Reef whilst allowing you to enjoy the untouched beauty of The Daintree. Visit Ocean Safari for further information, tour rates and bookings.